・ Has excellent heat / cold resistance and can be used under broad temperature conditions
(Working temperature range -30～150℃)
・ Good pressure-resistant performance due to its thread cast-off prevention structure,
can prevent trouble with its flexible silicone hose and promotes safety and security.
・Nontoxic, and also safe and secure for food / beverage use.
・ Highly transparent and provides security in fluid verification.
・ Safe and secure due to its compliance with the Food Sanitation Act
※1, FDA (US Food and Drug Administration)
※2, USP Class VI and corrected RoHS2 regulations
※1 (Complying with Notice of the Ministry of Health and Welfare No. 52, 1951/Notice of the Ministry of Health,
Labour and Welfare No. 595, 2012)
※2 FDA DMF Type II No.25486 Registration
1. Notes for using the hoses
1. Always use a hose within its recommended temperature and pressure range. Do not use high-temperature water above 100°C.
2. Hoses expand and contract according to internal pressure, so adequate space should be provided when setting up.
3. When pressurizing, slowly open / close any valves to avoid ※1 impact pressure.
4. With certain applications and conditions (temperatures and movements), negative pressure cannot be used.
Refer to the “”””Use condition reference values for TOYOX vacuum hoses”””” (P. 175, Fig. 1) regarding guidelines for negative pressure use ranges.
5. Please note that compounding agents could be extracted / eluted from the hose depending on use conditions. Please conﬁrm the use conditions and the eﬀects on your products before use.
6. Before using a TOYOX hose with an oil, powder, strong toxic chemical, concentrated acid, concentrated base or other potentially dangerous ﬂuid, please consult with us to ensure safe use.
7. Silicone rubber has high gas permeability and easily adsorbs ﬂuids.
When using gases, they may permeate the hose and leak from hose surfaces and ends.
As well, note that ﬂuids with odors, tastes, or colors may transfer these attributes to the hose.
8. Always wash the hose before using (hot water (100°C) for 30 minutes or less at 0.1 MPa pressure or less). If steam cleaning a hose, we recommend a short cleaning period using saturated steam pressure no greater than 0.2 MPa and temperature not exceeding 130°C.
Frequent use may result in a shorter service life. Do not use steam with TOYOSILICONE-P Hoses. Liquid left inside food grade hoses may be aﬀected by a plastic smell, making them unsuitable for use. Always check beforehand.
9. Never use silicone rubber hoses to convey nonpolar organic solvents (benzene, toluene, hexane, etc.), halogenated hydrocarbon (methylene chloride, trichloroethane, etc.), concentrated strong acid, strong alkali, mineral oil, steam (TOYOSILICONE-P Hose cannot be used for steam) for long periods of time, or animal or vegetable oil of 70°C or higher.
10. Do not use hoses for fuel oil.
11. Use hoses at bend angles larger than their ※3 minimum bending radius. Angles smaller than the minimum bending radius may result in hose rupture or lower pressure resistance.
12. Powders and granular materials may cause wear. Use a hose with as large a bending radius as possible.
13. Do not use a hose that is extremely bent near a coupling.
14. Do not bring the hose product near to or in direct contact with naked ﬂame.
15. Do not run over hoses with a vehicle or other heavy objects.
16. Do not use collapsed hoses.
17. Do not let hard angled objects, such as pieces of iron, press hard or rub strongly against a hose.
18. When a load such as bends and stress is applied to the hose near a coupling, the barb nipple may cut the inner tube of the hose, possibly causing the hose to rupture.
19. Be careful not to damage the silicone rubber hose, as it is easier to cut compared to conventional soft PVC hose.
20. Warning Do not pass an electric current through the hose. This is dangerous because it may rupture the hose or cause electric shock.
21. Place the hose ends and the couplings so that they will not submerge in ﬂuids (food, chemicals etc.) in the tanks, because the ﬂuids may permeate the hose reinforcement layer or remain inside the couplings, and bacteria may propagate (attach to the parts) or the hose may deteriorate.
2. Notes for cutting the hoses
1. In order to retain pressure- and heat-resistant performance, the threads are specially braided for reinforcement. (If improperly cut, the threads may unravel and fall out; handle with due care.)
2. When cutting a hose, use as new a cutting blade as possible and make sure that the edge face of the hose is cut perpendicularly. If it is not perpendicular, the hose may leak or become disconnected.
3. When cutting HYBRID TOYOSILICONE Hose, TOYOSILICONE-S Hose, TOYOSILICONE-S2 Hose or TOYOSILICONE-P Hose, the reinforcement edges may cause injury or holes in the hose. Please take suﬃcient care.
3. Notes for assembly
1. We recommend using TOYOCONNECTOR, our dedicated coupling, for TOYOSILICONE Hose, HYBRID TOYOSILICONE Hose, TOYOSILICONE-S Hose and TOYOSILICONE-P Hose.
2. Use hose nipples suitable for the size of the hose. Do not use hose nipples with damaged or rusted surfaces.
3. Make sure the end of the barb ﬁtting is as round as possible (0.3 R or more). Be careful with silicone rubber hoses, as they are easier to cut compared to conventional soft PVC hose.
4. When inserting the nipple barb into the hose, do not use oil on the hose or on the nipple barb, and do not treat the parts with ﬁre. If insertion is diﬃcult, use lukewarm water to warm the hose and try inserting the ﬁtting again.
5.Insert the nipple barb completely into the hose.
6. Do not use one-push couplings. Hose may rupture.
7. Fasten clamps centered on the nipple barbs, taking care not to cut the exterior surface of the hose. Use two or more clamps for a large diameter hose that is 19φ or larger.
8. Retighten the hose clamp as necessary. Hose softens at high temperatures.
9. Take care not to injure hands when using a Phillips or slotted screwdriver.
10. Avoid the following because it may damage the inner lining of a hose and cause it to rupture.
・Tightly fasten hose with a wire instead of a clamp.
・Hit hose with a hammer when attaching / detaching a clamp.
・Use a coupling with a damaged or rusty nipple.
11. The compression strength indicated in this brochure is based on data which was obtained from pressure tests conducted by Toyox using the hoses alone by its own testing method.
Therefore, the hose may be dislocated before the hose ruptures, or another problem may occur depending on the conditions of the connectors being set (the shapes of hose nipples, types of hose clamps, number of hose clamps, fastening torque and how they are crimped). Please select a safe, eﬀective method for attaching couplings to the hoses based on the following data on withstanding pressure.
For technological information on using couplings, please make inquiries through our Customer Advice Center.
4. Notes for inspections
1. Pre-work inspection: Before starting operation, check the hose for abnormalities, such as external damage, stiﬀening, softening and discoloration.
2. Regular inspection: During periods when the hose is in use, be sure to perform regular monthly inspections.
What to do if an abnormality is found
The life of hoses will be greatly aﬀected by the physical properties, temperature, and ﬂow rates of the ﬂuid as well as by the frequency of pressurization and depressurization. If any of the following problems or similar signs are found in the pre-work or regular inspections, immediately cease use and replace the hose.
1. Abnormality near the coupling: localized stretching, bending, leakage or swelling
2. External damage: large scratches in the outer surface, cracking, or water inﬁltrating the reinforcement layer
3. Internal abnormalities: Bulging or ※5 separation of the inner surface, or wear that leads to exposure of the hose reinforcement material.
Note: In the case of abnormalities on the interior or exterior surface, hose scrapings and fragments of hose reinforcing materials may mix into the ﬂuid inside the hose.
4. Other abnormal changes (stiﬀening, ※6 swelling, cracking, bulging, adsorption of the ﬂuid odor, taste, or smell, discoloration of the reinforcement layer, etc.)
5. Notes for storage
1. Do not store outdoors or in a place subject to direct sunlight. This may cause the quality of the hose surface to deteriorate, becoming sticky and/or susceptible to cracking.
Store in a low-humidity, well-ventilated place. Store keeping the inside of the hose free from foreign matter and dust.
2. Do not store where the hose will make contact with other PVC products or near rubber products.
6. Notes for disposal
1. Do not incinerate the hose. The incineration may generate toxic gases or damage incinerators; therefore, the hose should be treated as industrial waste for disposal purposes.
2. The hose should be disposed of in accordance with the requirements of the local region.