・ Best suited for food, beverage and oily and fatty food (non-phthalate plasticizer used)
・ Withstands bending/collapsing due to resin coil reinforcement structure, and is ideal for vacuum transfer.
・ Rust resistant and sanitary as the reinforcing material is specialized PET resin that does not need to be sorted for disposal,
also enabling easy hose cutting and installation. Also, its good restoring force makes fluid flow smoothly and securely.
・ Has excellent oil resistance and is also ideal for oil-resistant piping for non-food applications.
・ Highly transparent and provides security in fluid verification.
・ Safe and secure due to its compliance with the Food Sanitation Act
※1and corrected RoHS2 regulations
※1 (Complying with Notice of the Ministry of Health and Welfare No. 52, 1951/Notice of the Ministry of Health, Labour
and Welfare No. 267, 2002/Notice of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare No. 201, 2006)
Working temperature range / -5～70℃
1. Notes for using the hoses
1.The hose can be used for water, drinking water, foods, air, chemicals, and powder. ※Do not use for fuel oil (heavy oil, kerosene (light oil), kerosene (lamp oil), gasoline) or solvents.
2. Liquid left inside hoses may be aﬀected by a plastic smell, making them unsuitable for use. Always check beforehand.
3. Clean the inside of the hose before using it to transport drinking water or food. (Clean the hose with hot water (80°C or below) for 30 minutes or less at 0.1 MPa pressure or less. )
4. Use the hose within the range of -5 ～ 70°C. Depressurization deformation temperature is the temperature at which the hose deforms when its interior (in a straight condition) is depressurized to -0.1 MPa (-760 mmHg). It is not the hose’s use limit temperature
5. Use the products within their working pressure range. ※ -0.1 MPa is an approximate value. With certain applications and conditions (temperatures and movements), negative pressure cannot be used. Refer to the “”Use condition reference values for TOYOX vacuum hoses”” (P. 175, Fig. 1) regarding guidelines for negative pressure use ranges.
6. Please note that compounding agents such as ※2 plasticizers could be extracted / eluted from the hose depending on use conditions.
Please conﬁrm the use conditions and the eﬀects on your products before use.
7. Use hoses at bend angles larger than their ※3 minimum bending radius. Angles smaller than the minimum bending radius may result in hose overbending or lower pressure resistance.
8. Place the hose ends and the couplings so that they will not submerge in ﬂuids (food, chemicals etc.) in the tanks, because the ﬂuids may permeate the hose reinforcement layer or remain inside the couplings, and bacteria may propagate (attach to the parts) or the hose may deteriorate.
9. Powders and granular materials may cause wear. Use a hose with as large a bending radius as possible.
10. Keep the hose away from open ﬂame
11. The life of hoses will be greatly aﬀected by the physical properties, temperature, and ﬂow rates of the ﬂuid as well as by the frequency of pressurization and depressurization. If any of the following problems or similar signs are found in the pre-work or regular inspections, immediately cease use and replace the hose.
○ Abnormalities near the ﬁtting: Localized stretching, bending, leakage, bulging, or shallow insertion into the nipple
○ External damage: Large scratches in the outer surface, cracking, or water inﬁltrating the reinforcement layer
○ Internal abnormalities: Bulging or ※5 separation of the inner surface, or wear that leads to exposure of the hose reinforcement material. Note: In the case of abnormalities on the interior or exterior surface, hose scrapings and fragments of hose reinforcing materials may mix into the ﬂuid inside the hose.
○ Other abnormal changes (stiﬀening, ※6 swelling, cracking, bulging, discoloration of the reinforcement layer, etc.)
2. Notes for storage
1. Do not store outdoors or in a place subject to direct sunlight. This may cause the quality of the hose surface to deteriorate, becoming sticky and/or susceptible to cracking. Store in a low-humidity, well-ventilated place. Store keeping the inside of the hose free from foreign matter and dust.
2. Do not store where the hose will make contact with other PVC products or near rubber products.
3. Notes for disposal
1. Do not incinerate the hose. The incineration may generate toxic gases or damage incinerators; therefore, the hose should be treated as industrial waste for disposal purposes
2. The hose should be disposed of in accordance with the requirements of the local region.
4. Notes for ﬁtting assembly
1. Use hose nipples suitable for the size of the hose. Do not use hose nipples with damaged or rusted surfaces.
2. Take suﬃcient care when cutting hoses, as the edge of the reinforcement coil may cause injury.
3. Tightly fastening hose with wire may damage the inner or exterior surface of the hose and cause it to rupture.
4. Retighten the hose clamp as necessary. Deformation of the plastic hose clamp fastening can cause ﬂuid leakage and hose disconnection.
5. Do not use one-push ﬁttings. Hose may rupture.
6. The compression strength indicated in this brochure is based on data which was obtained from pressure tests conducted by Toyox using the hoses alone by its own testing method. The hose may be dislocated before the hose ruptures, or another problem may occur depending on the conditions of the ﬁttings being set (the shapes of hose nipples, types of hose clamps, number of hose clamps, fastening torque and how they are crimped). Therefore, please select a safe, eﬀective method for mounting ﬁttings to the hoses. For technological information on using ﬁttings, please make inquiries through our Customer Advice Center