・ Has excellent chemical/oil resistance as its innermost layer is polyolefin resin and is applicable to a wide range of uses.
・ Withstands bending/collapsing due to hard steel wire coil reinforcement structure and is ideal for vacuum transfer.
・ Also good for food and oil/fatty fluid.
・Produces no toxic gas such as dioxin, providing peace of mind.
・ Safe and secure due to its compliance with the Food Sanitation Act
※1and corrected RoHS2 regulations
※1 (Complying with Notice of the Ministry of Health and Welfare No. 52, 1951/Notice of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare No. 201, 2006)
Working temperature range / -5～60oC
1. Notes for using the hoses
1. Do not use outdoors or in a place subject to constant direct sunlight. Ultraviolet light can cause the surface to become sticky and susceptible to cracking
2. Always use a hose within its recommended temperature and pressure range. In the case of use under negative pressure, ECORON-S hoses may not be applicable depending on applications or conditions (temperature, movements, etc.). Refer to the “”Use condition reference values for TOYOX vacuum hoses (P. 175, Fig. 1)”” regarding guidelines for negative pressure use ranges.
3. Please note that compounding agents could be extracted / eluted from the hose depending on use conditions. Please conﬁrm the use conditions and the eﬀects on your products before use
4. Do not use for fuel oil (heavy oil, kerosene (light oil), kerosene (lamp oil), gasoline) or solvents. Some lubricants are not suited for the hose. Please consult us before using the hose for any lubricants.
5. Clean the inside of the hose with water before using it to transport drinking water or food products. ※ Clean the hose with hot water (80°C or below) for 30 minutes or less at 0.1 MPa pressure or less.
6. Hoses expand and contract according to internal pressure, so adequate space should be provided when setting up.
7. When pressurizing, slowly open / close any valves to avoid ※1 impact pressure.
8. Use hoses at bend angles larger than their ※3 minimum bending radius. Angles smaller than the minimum bending radius may result in hose overbending or lower pressure resistance.
9. Powders and granular materials may cause wear. Use a hose with as large a bending radius as possible.
10. The outer layer is not oil resistant. Avoid getting oil on the hose’s outer layer.
11. Do not use a hose that is extremely bent near a coupling.
12. Keep the hose away from open ﬂame.
13. Do not run over hoses with a vehicle or other heavy objects.
14. Do not use collapsed hoses
15. Do not let hard angled objects, such as pieces of iron, press hard or rub strongly against a hose.
16. Do not pass an electric current through the hose. This is dangerous because it may rupture the hose or cause electric shock
17. Place the hose ends and the couplings so that they will not submerge in ﬂuids (food, chemicals etc.) in the tanks, because the ﬂuids may permeate the hose reinforcement layer or remain inside the couplings, and bacteria may propagate (attach to the parts) or the hose may deteriorate
2. Notes for cutting the hose
1. To cut the hoses, use cutters with new blades as much as possible. (The reinforcement threads may slightly protrude from the end of the hose. )
2. When cutting a hose, make sure that the edge face of the hose is cut perpendicularly. If it is not perpendicular, the hose may leak or become disconnected.
3. In the case of cutting ECORON-S hose, the reinforcement coil may cause injury or may damage or make a hole in the hose. Please take suﬃcient care.
3. Notes for assembly
1. We recommend using “”TOYOCONNECTOR,”” our dedicated coupling for ECORON hoses and ECORON-S hoses. If you use a coupling other than our dedicated couplings or attach the coupling not according to our manual, the performance of your hose may decrease.
2. Because the inner tube can be easily cut in comparison with conventional hoses made of soft PVC, use nipple barbs with rounded corners.
3. Use hose nipples suitable for the size of the hose. Do not use hose nipples with damaged or rusted surfaces.
4. Never tighten the hoses with wires.
5. After mounting of couplings, ※4 permanent deformation of plastic may cause ﬂuid leakage, hose disconnection, or hose rupture. Consult Toyox about coupling types and characteristics of hose material.
6. The compression strength indicated in this brochure is based on data which was obtained from pressure tests conducted by Toyox using the hoses alone by its own testing method. Therefore, the hose may be dislocated before the hose ruptures, or another problem may occur depending on the conditions of the couplings being mounted (the shapes of hose nipples, types of hose clamps, number of hose clamps, fastening torque and how they are crimped). Select a safe, eﬀective method for mounting couplings to the hoses based on the following data on withstanding pressure. For technological information on mounting couplings, please make inquiries through our Customer Advice Center.
7. Retighten the hose clamp as necessary. Deformation of the plastic hose clamp fastening can cause ﬂuid leakage and hose disconnection.
8. Do not use one-push ﬁttings. Hose may rupture.
4. Notes for inspections
1. Pre-work inspection: Before starting operation, check the hose for abnormalities, such as external damage, stiﬀening, softening and discoloration
2. Regular inspection: During periods when the hose is in use, be sure to perform regular monthly inspections.
What to do if an abnormality is found
The life of hoses will be greatly aﬀected by the physical properties, temperature, and ﬂow rates of the ﬂuid as well as by the frequency of pressurization and depressurization. If any of the following problems or similar signs are found in the pre-work or regular inspections, immediately cease use and replace the hose.
1. Abnormality near the coupling: localized stretching, bending, leakage or swelling
2. External damage: large scratches in the outer surface, cracking, or water inﬁltrating the reinforcement layer
3. Internal abnormalities: Bulging or ※5 separation of the inner surface, or wear that leads to exposure of the hose reinforcement material.
Note: In the case of abnormalities on the interior or exterior surface, hose scrapings and fragments of hose reinforcing materials may mix into the ﬂuid inside the hose.
4. Other abnormal changes (stiﬀening, ※6 swelling, cracking, bulging, discoloration of the reinforcement layer, etc.)
5. Notes for storage
1. Do not store outdoors or in a place subject to direct sunlight. This may cause the quality of the hose surface to deteriorate, becoming sticky and/or susceptible to cracking. Store in a low-humidity, well-ventilated place. Store keeping the inside of the hose free from foreign matter and dust.
2. Do not store where the hose will make contact with other PVC products or near rubber products.
6. Notes for disposal
1. Do not incinerate the hose. The incineration may generate toxic gases or damage incinerators; therefore, the hose should be treated as industrial waste for disposal purposes.
2. The hose should be disposed of in accordance with the requirements of the local region.